1. Group 1 - Joconde Sponge
1. Beat the egg whites to soft peak.
2. Mix together the icing sugar and almond powder.
3. Mix the eggs step by step into the mixture. Add in the melted cold butter.
4. Gently fold in the whipped egg whites and then the flour.
5. Use 625g of the mixture for a 60 x 40cm frame, lined with silicon paper.
6. Bake on 220°C for approximately 8 minutes.
2. Group 2 - Mocha butter cream
1. Cream the butter and Fat-based Cream Mocha. Fold in the meringue by using a spatula.
3. Group 3 - Ganache
1. Boil the milk and cream, pour onto the couverture, mix and add butter at the end. Store overnight in the refrigerator.
4. Group 4 - Coffee syrup
1. Filter coffee (1.622g water + 477g coffee powder). Boil together, cool down and filter.
1. Coat a layer of joconde with couverture.
2. Turn around and soak with coffee syrup using a brush.
3. Spread a layer of butter cream onto the sponge. Top with a layer of soaked joconde.
4. Spread on a layer of ganache and cover with a layer of soaked joconde sponge.
5. Spread on a layer of butter cream and finish with thin layer of dark couverture.